Monday, April 5, 2010

Hurray for window boxes!

Today Jacqueline and I put in our first window box. Well, rail next to the stairs leading up to the front door box. We shopped at Pikes - I can't figure out why, they're so expensive - and picked out a nice wrought iron trough box. Hope I spelled all that right. So we bought some unnamed Caladium for the thriller, 8 little 'Prelude Rose' Begonias for the filler, and something I have been lusting after for a year, 'Tahoe' Iberis sempervirens for the spiller. We used potting mix (not soil) plus a few pellets of slow release fertilizer for the dirt. Water gently after. I think the caladium will probably bite the dust, its nearly full sun there right now. It will be less harsh in a week or two when the big trees get some leaves out. Same torture the hydrangeas are going through - which are almost dead by the way. So much for the tent.

Oh ya, and Jacqueline actually had *fun* today! She told me I can even post that.

So Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment